Junior Trend Analyst
A unique opportunity to join our globally renowned team of trend analysts.
About the role:
Are you insatiably curious about where the world of business is headed? Do you want to live and breathe consumer trends?
If the answer's yes, this might be the role for you!
We're looking for a Junior Trend Analyst to join our London team. This is a unique opportunity to join our globally renowned team of trend analysts and serve our large roster of clients (our trend insights are read by professionals from Google to Red Bull, H&M, Spotify, Accenture, TBWA and many more!).
Your initial responsibilities will include writing up concise examples for our Innovations Database and quarterly Industry Updates and compiling research for clients' custom reports. However, we expect successful candidates to progress quickly to take a central role in both our written content output and the innovation workshops and trend presentations we do with clients.
While this role entails working closely with our European clients, there will be lots of coordination with our content teams in New York, Singapore, São Paulo, Vienna and Lagos.
So if you're a highly motivated writer, researcher and presenter with a keen eye for detail, and you consume more information than humanly possible, TrendWatching might be your dream home!
Get in touch if you:
- Have 2-5 years writing experience (whether it's copywriting, blogging, writing client briefs or even traditional journalism)
- Can meet tight deadlines and daily targets
- Have advanced research skills and are able to rapidly absorb information from a wide range of sources
- Are comfortable with (or even enjoy!) having projects managed by a colleague in another continent
- Have a deep interest in where the worlds of consumerism and business are heading, and want a demanding role that will throw you neck deep into it!
- Are flexible, hugely ambitious and have an eye for opportunity
- Start date is immediate
Salary and perks
- Salary competitive, flexible depending on experience
- Inspire businesses to create more innovative, consumer-driven products and experiences
- Be part of a fun, dynamic and fast-paced team in our London office, close to Farringdon and Old Street stations
- Work for a smart, open-minded leadership team who encourage feedback and reward creative thinking
To apply for this role, please email the following information to Vicki Loomes, Head of Premium Content, at email@example.com
- Your CV
- A list of your favourite sources / books / blogs
- Examples (links or attachments are fine) of recent writing
- A brief write-up (no more that 120 words each) of two new products, services or marketing campaigns that recently caught your eye. Tell us what it is and why you think it's interesting!
Note: to get a feel for our style and tone of voice look at the 5 Trends for 2018 or our Innovation of the Day newsletter.