Freelance Junior Front-end Developer (Amsterdam)
We need a bright and capable junior front-end developer to join our highly ambitious technical team in Amsterdam.
About the role:
TrendWatching is looking for a freelance Junior Front-end Developer to join our in-house development team in helping to grow and improve all our sites. Initially we need someone full time for 3 months and the terms would be reviewed afterwards.
Working closely with the growth team your key role will be handling site changes and updates that increase conversions and revenue and help us exercise our ambitious plans. Based out of our office in Amsterdam, you will work in a development team of 6 others and will have the opportunity to take on a lot of responsibility, working closely with designers and marketers to ensure the needs and goals of the business are being met.
TrendWatching is the leading global trend platform, relying on a unique combination of in-house experts and a global network of Spotters to identify, analyse, and publish the emerging consumer and market trends around the world. Our customers range from one-person freelancers to multinational corporations, using our products and services to generate insights and innovations. We are ambitious and have plans to scale up our operations and technical capabilities.
You should be comfortable making system design and architectural decisions, assimilating feedback from numerous stakeholders (such as non-technical departments, designers, and other developers), and sufficiently skilled that your work does not require supervision or review prior to release - we need you to be able to work autonomously.
- 1+ years of experience in an in-house or agency back-end development role with a solid understanding of PHP5
- Comfortable working knowledge of the LAMP (or LEMP) stack
- Must have a solid grasp of Wordpress and Wordpress theming
- HTML5 and CSS and jQuery / JS (1+ years experience or equivalent projects)
- Understanding of CSS Preprocessors such as SASS or LESS
- Must be competent using build tools such as Grunt or Gulp or Webpack
- Must be able to work with Git
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- The ability to explain technical ideas to peers and management
- A desire to write clean, documented and maintainable code
- Familiarity or previous experiencing using PHP libraries and frameworks
- A good understanding of web standards and web browser capabilities
- Comfortable using the command line over GUI tools
On top of this, you will also
- Need to work full-time in our offices in the heart of Amsterdam, next to Museumplein.
- Be a good English speaker
- Be able to grasp new concepts quickly
- Be flexible and enjoy dealing with evolving demands and tight deadlines
- Be confident in taking ownership of individual projects from start to finish (with full support)
- Be excited about working with a close-knit group of passionate and diverse colleagues.
- Have fun!
On applying for this role. Please send the following to email@example.com
- Cover Letter
- Your cv
- Three examples of amazing front-end development (any website you like), with the reasons you picked them.
- A link to your online portfolio