May 21, 2013
Are you obsessed with innovation and the future of business, and hungry to throw yourself into a fast-paced, demanding and fluid working environment? Are you capable of quickly taking on responsibility beyond your job description to drive the growth and shape the future direction of an established and well-respected network of trend-spotters from around the world?
Happy Spotting is trendwatching.com's global network of marketing and business-savvy spotters from over 90 countries, who provide local examples of its trends.
We are looking for a worldly, motivated and ambitious individual, preferably with one year of office experience, to handle communications with our 2,400 spotters worldwide and help unlock the huge potential within the network.
This is a junior position, but for the right candidate it offers unparalleled opportunities to develop in a young, dynamic, global firm.
- On a daily basis you will process applications from potential spotters.
- You will deal with submissions of local examples from spotters, judging whether they meet the specifications of the trend requests.
- You will respond to spotter queries, handle delivery of rewards and develop relationships with our most active members.
- The role is within trendwatching.com's Content Team, so you will become familiar with and contribute insights for the 100+ trends that trendwatching.com tracks.
- You will assist with presentations, and help coordinate international spotter meetups.
- You will help manage trendwatching.com's social media posts for its Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook accounts
- You will work alongside the trendwatching.com management team to help conceive and implement initiatives that improve, expand and enhance the network. Most importantly, successful candidates will be expected to rapidly move their role beyond this job description ;)
- Familiarity with trendwatching.com, with a deep interest in consumer trends.
- Interested in business innovation across cultures and in different markets.
- Keen to work in a ‘start-up’ like environment.
- Ability to handle standard software (MS Office, Google Docs, Dropbox, Evernote).
- Preferably comfortable using elements of Adobe CS (with basic HTML skills).
- Willingness to travel and work outside normal hours when the circumstances demand it.
- Previous work managing a community is a plus.
- One year of experience in an office environment preferred.
2013 will be a year of expansion and development for Happy Spotting, we need dedicated and driven people on the team that can help make it happen!
Start date is immediate.
To apply for this role, please email the following information to Max Luthy, Global Director of Happy Spotting, at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A cover letter.
- Your CV.
- A short (under 500 words) description of a consumer trend (you can use one of trendwatching.com’s) and how it might vary across three regional markets.
Please note: at this time we are only able to accept applications from those with perfect English, who are legally allowed to work in the UK.