Business Development Director
Develop and deploy innovative sales strategies for the world's leading and most loved consumer trend firm
About the role:
TrendWatching is on the lookout for an all-star sales executive with a proven track record in B2B SaaS industries to join us as a Business Development Director - we are expanding rapidly and need someone to join our fledgling Business Development team, implement our sales strategies, and drive revenue throughout the business.
You'll work directly with our leadership team and Head of Business Development to develop sales campaigns that generate new leads, convert prospects, and secure high-value Trend Partner deals. You'll also work closely with our Marketing and Customer Success teams to complete the customer journey funnel. And you'll be supported by our Insights and Analytics team to find the signal in the noise about who are potential customers are, where the best prospects lie, and how to convert those leads by demonstrating the inherent value of purchasing TrendWatching's services.
We want someone who has an entrepreneurial mindset, is a driven self-starter, and knows their way around a B2B SaaS sales organisation. We're still small, but with ambitious growth plans and you'll be given responsibility of our team of super-motivated and capable Business Development executives. You'll be developing sales campaigns that speak to the likes of Disney, Hilton, Frito-Lay, MasterCard, Unilever, Publicis, MediaCom and more - helping them embrace the potential of TrendWatching to understand how their customers think and behave. You will be expected to follow up on sales leads, but don't expect to be jetting about schmoozing potential clients (that's simply not the way we work, anyway); friendly emails, a personable nature, and knowing who to target will win the day.
- Generating and closing leads that drive TrendWatching's Premium and TTP revenues.
- Contribute to the growth of our Business Development team.
- Working with our Marketing and Customer Success teams to create a seamless, effective, and world-class customer purchase journey funnel.
- Working with the Head of Business Development to set sales targets, develop effective strategies, and review performance.
- Always looking to improve our sales effectiveness and improve the way we deliver value to our customers.
The ideal candidate:
- 3-5 years of experience in B2B SaaS sales, with demonstrable experience delivering results.
- A team player comfortable working with multiple stakeholders and tight, moving deadlines.
- You'll have a global mindset and perhaps have worked abroad in some capacity, and have no problem working across timezones with colleagues in Singapore and New York (there may also be some travel involved)
- An ability to cultivate relationships and communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, is essential, and you really do need to be able to work in ambiguous circumstances with limited information, and make a success of it.
- Needless to say, a passion for customer trends and business innovations is a basic requirement.
Applying for the role:
Please send the following to Louis Leong, TrendWatching’s COO at email@example.com
- Covering letter
- Your CV
- Your list of go-to sources (from newsletters to Medium publications)
- A list of the sales gurus who ‘get it’
- A selection of books or articles that made an impact on you (if not covered by the above)
Please note: only successful applicants will be contacted to move to the next stage. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.