trendwatching.com is an independent and opinionated trend firm, scanning the globe for the most promising consumer trends, insights and related hands-on business ideas. For the latest and greatest, we rely on a team of 30+ full-time colleagues in London, Singapore and São Paulo, and on our network of hundreds of spotters in more than 90 countries worldwide.
Our trend findings help marketers, CEOs, researchers, and anyone else interested in the future of business and consumerism, to dream up new goods, services and experiences for (or even better, with) their customers.
Many of these findings are aggregated in a free monthly Trend Briefing, which is sent in 5 languages (English, Chinese, Korean, Portuguese and Spanish) to 200,000+ business professionals in more than 180 countries.
Our paid services include our 2013 Premium Service (including our Trend Database, 15 Industry Trend Reports and the 2013 Trend Report), speaking engagements, Regional Trend Reports, and our Global Consumer Trend Seminars.
To find out what others are writing about us and our trends, please see our trends in the media section.
Established in 2002, trendwatching.com coordinates a worldwide network of analysts and spotters. trendwatching.com BV is incorporated in the Netherlands. Its sister-site is Springwise New Business Ideas.
- Henry Mason, Global Head of Research and Managing Partner, is responsible for all research and analysis. He's available for comment and speaking engagements. Henry has been quoted in numerous business publications, including The Guardian, The New York Times, the Financial Times, El Pais and The Economist, has spoken at business conferences in more than 20 countries, and has appeared on television networks such as CNBC, Al Jazeera and Globo News. Henry holds a first class degree in Politics & International Relations from the University of Nottingham. He can be emailed at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tim Pitts, COO and Managing Partner, is responsible for overseeing all ongoing projects and global content development. After graduating with a degree in French & Politics, Tim worked as an account manager at some of the UK's leading advertising agencies. He can be emailed at email@example.com.
- Cath Carver is trendwatching.com’s Seminar Director. She coordinates our Trend Seminars (in more than a dozen countries worldwide). She also manages the monthly Trend Briefings, including a team of eight translators. She has worked in fashion, marketing and online communications for British and Italian brands, and the Centre for Sustainable Fashion at London College of Fashion. She can be emailed at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bruna Pacheco is a Project/Client Services Manager at trendwatching.com. She holds a degree in Advertising and has experience working across agency and client side roles. Bruna spent the last 3 years working with social media in the entertainment and events sector in Brazil, after spending time in Italy and the UK.
- Anna Mulholland is a Project/Client Services Manager at trendwatching.com. She assists in the organisation and coordination of our Global Trend Seminars, and Trend Briefing translations. She holds an MSc from the London School of Economics in Cities and International Development. Anna has gained experience working in consulting, event management and real estate in Canada, USA and the UK.
- Tara Hirebet, Head of Asia Pacific, runs the company's Asia Pacific arm out of our Singapore office. Before joining trendwatching.com, Tara spent 3 years in China doing market research and trends and 7 years as a copywriter in Singapore. She can be emailed at email@example.com.
- Sonya Pillay is a Writer/Researcher for trendwatching.com Asia Pacific. After graduating from the LSE and SOAS with degrees in International Relations and International Studies & Diplomacy, Sonya worked in international NGOs where she analyzed geopolitics in China and Southeast Asia, and campaigned on human rights.
- Luciana Stein is Head of South and Central America at trendwatching.com. Based in São Paulo, she has been researching and writing about consumer trends as a journalist for the last nine years.
She can be emailed at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nathalia Souto is trendwatching.com’s Client Services Manager for South & Central America. Graduating in Advertising and with a postgraduate qualification in Globalization and Culture, she has experience in advertising agencies, publishing, entertainment and tourism. A Portuguese, English and Spanish speaker, she can be emailed at email@example.com.
- Soraya Amorim is trendwatching.com's Lead Designer. Soraya has experience with graphic and information design in the UK and Brazil, where she's also worked in product development and advertising.
- Tianzheng Yu, Junior Designer at trendwatching.com. Tianzheng worked in design, advertising and branding in the UK and China. She holds a Masters Degree in Design Studies from Central Saint Martins Art and Design College, and a Bachelor degree in Visual Communication from Donghua University.
- Maria Isabel Reyes. Formatting Genius at trendwatching.com, Maria has experience with exhibit design, advertising and fashion media content in the UK and Colombia. She holds a Masters Degree in Digital Culture and Society from King's College London, and a Bachelor degree in Industrial Design from Universidad Nacional de Colombia.
- Graham Smith is a Financial Manager at trendwatching.com. After graduating in Law from the University of Leicester, Graham trained as a Chartered Accountant with PwC in London. From there he focused on developing businesses and charities.
- Benjamin Plant is trendwatching.com's Marketing Manager. He studied International Communications in the Netherlands and Japanese at Nanzan University, Nagoya. Before joining trendwatching.com, he worked for a consumer intelligence agency in Tokyo.
- Graeme George is the lead web developer at trendwatching.com. After graduating with a web design and development degree, he worked with a number of design agencies and spent a year as a freelancer.
- Paul Backman is trendwatching.com’s Head of Client Services. Paul has worked in Client Services for technology and trend organisations for many years, having previously lived and worked in Japan. He can be emailed at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Andrea Thorn is trendwatching.com’s Client Services Director for Asia Pacific. Andrea headed up trendwatching.comís Client Services team in London for a number of years & worked as a communications planner in the UK, before relocating to Australasia end of 2012. Currently based out of Auckland and Sydney, she can be emailed at email@example.com.
- Sofie Hunt is trendwatching.comís Client Services Senior Manager. Since studying photography at university, Sofie has worked in client service roles within the science and finance industries, as well as setting up her own bespoke cake & events service.
- Natasha Gosain is trendwatching.com's Client Services Coordinator. Since graduating from Brunel University with a BSc in Business Management and Marketing, Natasha has worked as an Account Executive for a B2B technology marketing agency.
- David Mattin is the Lead Strategist at trendwatching.com, responsible for trend thinking across free and Premium content. He started his career on the features desk at The Times, and has written and presented documentaries for BBC Radio. His business, innovation and consumer insight journalism has appeared in a wide range of broadsheet newspapers and magazines.
- Lola Pedro, Senior Industry Analyst, coordinates all industry-specific content and analysis across trendwatching.com's Premium service. Following her interests in digital media, Lola started her career in New York and then lived in Japan for over 3 years before returning to the UK. She holds an BSc in Multimedia Technology and Management Systems and a MSc in Technology Entrepreneurship from University College London.
- Maxwell Luthy is a Writer/Researcher for trendwatching.com Premium, and coordinates the company's Happy Spotting network. After graduating from Bristol with a degree in Economics and History, he started his marketing career in a London advertising agency. He has also worked as a proofreader/jury wrangler for Cannes Lions, and as a freelance social media consultant.
- Victoria Foster is the Junior Community Manager for the Happy Spotting network. After graduating with a degree in Graphic Design from London College of Communication, she worked for the Financial Times, and set up a social enterprise.
- Victoria Loomes is a Writer and Researcher for trendwatching.com. After graduating from the London College of Fashion, she has worked as a freelance writer, copywriter and sub-editor for a variety of international brands.
- Alice Revel is a freelance Writer/ Researcher for trendwatching.com Premium. Since graduating from UCL with a degree in French and Italian, she has worked in writing and trend research, as well as setting up an online magazine.
- Chris Kreinczes is Managing Director of Springwise New Business Ideas, trendwatching.com's sister-site.
- 2500+ 'Happy Spotters' in 90+ countries
Hundreds of trend savvy professionals participate in trendwatching.com's Happy Spotting Network, notifying us via email whenever they spot something of interest: new consumer trends, insights, examples. More info at www.happyspotting.com.
- The following translators work with us to publish our free Trend Briefings in 5 languages:
Jewel Keung, our Chinese translator, based in Shanghai, China.
Jihyun Ryou, our Korean translator, based in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
Ana Ban, our Portuguese translator, based in São Paulo, Brazil.
Eva CaŮada and Juanjo Villalba, our Spanish translators, based in Barcelona, Spain.
Last but not least, trendwatching.com also greatly benefits from the advice and contributions from Reinier Evers (who founded trendwatching.com in 2002), Andy Hobsbawm, Zsolt Kohalmi, Bas Verhart and Jody Turner.